The Ake Arts and Books festival, is delighted to announce a call for entries for the 2018 editions of Our annual journal, Ake Review. The theme for this year’s festival which is the 6th Edition is: Fantastical Futures, focused on a re-imagined African future. What lessons have been learnt following our understanding of governance, gender and sexuality, literacy and education, health and well-being? What events and attitudes will shape the Africa of our dreams? We are interested in submissions that engage these topics.
Submissions For Ake REview 2018:
Poetry – a minimum of three poems
Prose – a maximum of 1600 words,
Artwork – a maximum of 2 works in high-res jpeg.
A bio no longer than 70 words
General guidelines For Ake Review 2018:
1) All entries must be submitted via emails to firstname.lastname@example.org as attachments with “AR Submission” in the subject line.
2) Entries must be original and unpublished
3) Only one submission per person.
4) Deadline for entries is Monday 20 July 2018
5) Successful creatives will receive 2 copies of Ake review and a token payment which will be communicated directly.